Friday, March 26, 2010

OFF! go off.

photo by kurt soto

So when I first heard about this new LA supergroup - I was hesitantly intrigued. Usually these kinds of arrangements go horribly wrong... But I had to see for myself. I hustled my way down Red River to catch them at Emo's and BOY HOWDY was I stoked to find out OFF! RULES. For only their 2nd show EVER they performed some of the most raging, tight knit, high quality, perfect hardcore I've heard in ages! Made up of Steven McDonald (bass), Keith Morris (vocals), Dimitri Coats (guitar), and Mario Rubalcaba (drums), OFF! fucking brought it. So yeah I'm in. Count me among the fans of this project. Can't wait to hear a record. You dudes ARE making a record right? Definite highlight from SXSW this year.

(The below pictures were taken by a dude named Brian Reilly at their Beerland show that I didn't go to. You can see more here: Brooklyn Vegan.)

1 comment: